Friday, April 30, 2010

Scott said to me that he was determined to put his album out

I met Scott, 40 and his partner Sandy, 45 at Thirroul station. I chatted with them as always I do with interesting people whom I meet in public space. They were kind enough to permit me taking a few photos of them. Scott and Sandy sing at public places and collect 30~40 dollars a day. Scott was in the paint mixing trade and lost his job six months ago. He is trying to find a new job. Sandy is on pension due to her medical condition. They have been together for last six years. Scott is a country music man. He and Sandy sang a couple of songs for me – John Denver, Glen Campbell, Neil Diamond etc. It didn't take long for them to get and audience around them. A gleaming young blind woman came up to him and said “I can’t see you but your singing is beautiful”. Scott is of Aboriginal background. He was a guitarist cum singer for a band till a few years ago and had had an agent also. That was a good time. Scott has put lyrics his cousin wrote for him, into songs. His album is ready and he is trying to get it out. I told him stories of Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson. Scott said to me that he was determined to put his album out. 

No comments: